East Calloway Elementary library receives grant | Arts & Culture
CALLOWAY COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The library at East Calloway Elementary School is one of only 10 Kentucky schools and 238 schools nationwide to receive a grant from the Laura Bush Foundation for America's Libraries.
The East Calloway library received $2,800 to expand, updated and diversify the library collection.
"Students have a great interest in Mythology with popular children's series such as Percy Jackson in The Lightning Thief ", explained Ashli Gore, East Carter librarian and media specialist. "There is also excitement about books that can teach other languages and information on countries around the world, historical events, and famous people. The Applied Sciences section can even contain kid-friendly cookbooks."
Partnering this year with the Laura Bush Foundation for America's Libraries is the Target Corporation.
The grants are funded through generous donations from individuals, corporations and foundations.
Further information is available at www.laurabushfoundation.org.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whitehaven Welcome Center gets state award
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge