Woman accused of stealing over $30,000 from her grandmother | Crime
MURRAY, KY (KFVS) - A Tennessee woman was charged for allegedly stealing over $30,000 from her grandmother since December 2011.
Crystal Watkins, 37, of Lafollette, Tenn. was charged with fraudulent use of a credit card over $10,000 and with knowingly exploiting an adult.
According to the Murray Police Department, Watkins was the caregiver for her grandmother who lives in Puryear, Tenn. Watson is accused of stealing a total of $37,945.80 from her grandmother since December 2011. They say $33,312.68 of that amount was in Murray, Ky. She is accused of fraudulently using her grandmother's credit cards in both Kentucky and Tennessee.
Watkins was arrested in Tennessee and is currently being held in the Henry County Jail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Upcoming Events near Calloway County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital
- KYTC: Citizens provide input on improving KY 1286, KY 998