Police chase in Calloway Co. leads to DUI, drug bust | Crime
CALLOWAY COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - A recent attempt at a routine traffic stop in Calloway County led to a high-speed chase, car crash and a bust for DUI and drug possession.
According to Kentucky State Police Post 1, Trooper David Dick saw a vehicle traveling on Sherman Road with a broken taillight.
Police say the driver failed to yield to the trooper. They say the driver, Kenton A. Doran, proceeded down Sherman Road, then made a left turn onto Kline Trail, then a left onto Shannon Creek Road where Doran failed to negotiate a curve and left the right side of the roadway hitting a tree, where the vehicle came to a final rest.
Doran was charged with No Tail Lamps, Reckless Driving, DUI 2nd Offense Aggravating Circumstances, Fleeing and Evading Police 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle), Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Failure to Notify DOT of Address Change, Possession of Controlled Substance,Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree.
Doran was lodged into the Calloway County Jail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All Rights Reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Early Bird’ deadline for St. Jude Dream Home® giveaway is June 21
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital