Weatherization assistance available for some households | Environment
CALLOWAY COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - West Kentucky Allied Services, Inc is currently providing Weatherization Assistance to eligible homes in the Purchase area.
This assistance will make energy more affordable for low-income families through energy-saving advanced technologies. The hope is that this will save lives and keep families safer by identifying carbon monoxide hazards, poor indoor air quality, molds and other health threats.
Eligible households will receive a free dwelling needs evaluation which may result in work being done to provide energy-saving and safety measures.
The application process can be completed at each local WKAS office.
The Calloway County office is located at 607 Poplar Street, Suite C, P.O. Box 646, Murray, Ky. 42071. The contact person is Shirley Jones and you can call the office at 270-753-0908.
Income guidelines include:
- 1 person in household - $1815.00 gross monthly income
- 2 people in household - $2452.00 gross monthly income
- 3 people in household - $3088.00 gross monthly income
- 4 people in household - $3725.00 gross monthly income
- 5 people in household - $4362.00 gross monthly income
- 6 people in household - $4998.00 gross monthly income
- 7 people in household - $5635.00 gross monthly income
- 8 people in household - $6272.00 gross monthly income
For each additional household member, add $637.00.
Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.