Murray St. beats Southeast at the Show-Me Center | News
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS)- Murray State beat Southeast Missouri State 74-66 in an OVC showdown Saturday in Cape Girardeau.
Southeast led the Racers 34-28 at the break, but the Racers used Isaiah Canaan's 23 second-half points to pull away in the end. A.J. Jones led SEMO with 20 points and Tyler Stone had 16. For the Racers, Canaan had 28 total and Ed Daniel had 15 points with 17 rebounds (10 offensive).
Heartland Sports' Josh Frydman says it was easily the biggest crowd of the year at the Show Me Center for the nationally televised game.
The Racers now have a record of 11-3 (2-0 OVC) while SEMO is 10-7 (2-1 OVC).
Earlier, Southeast women's team (6-8, 1-1 OVC) beat Austin Peay (5-8, 0-1 OVC) 71-57.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whitehaven Welcome Center gets state award
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge