CALLOWAY COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The Red Cross is encouraging everyone to register for the ShakeOut to learn about their earthquake risk and how to prepare and respond when an earthquake strikes.
The Red Cross offers these tips on preparing and making a plan for an earthquake.
Get or assemble an emergency preparedness kit:
A portable kit, stored in a sturdy, easy to carry, water resistant container should have enough supplies for three days. Check your kit and replace perishable stock every six months. Whether you purchase a kit or choose to build your own, your three-day kit should include:
- First aid kit and essential medications.
- Canned food and can opener.
- At least three gallons of water per person.
- Protective clothing, rainwear, and bedding or sleeping bags.
- Battery-powered radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.