MSU to recognize Graves Middle School video at basketball opening | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Friday night is the start of NCAA Division I basketball practice across the country.
Murray State will hold a special “Racer Madness” with doors opening at the CFSB Center at 9:15 p.m. ESPNU will be at the event with former Arizona standout Miles Simon as the ESPNU analyst/commentator.
As part of the build-up to introducing the team for the 2012-13 season, A.J. and Mitch from Electric 96.9 Radio to look back on last year and they will introduce their song, “I’m A Racer and I Know It” with the video produced by Graves County Middle School students. Likely, this will take place at 9:45 p.m. Following the video, for any of the “stars” that are present, MSU officials will introduce them and say thanks for supporting the Racers.
Also following the video will be the introduction of this year’s team, a 3-point shooting contest and slam dunk contest, as well as a scrimmage by the team. The event will conclude by 11 p.m., all according to MSU associate athletic director Paul Bubb.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Upcoming Events near Calloway County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital
- KYTC: Citizens provide input on improving KY 1286, KY 998