Graves High Jr. ROTC connections enhance honoring of Veterans’ Day 2012 | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) -Graves County High School’s inaugural year of Jr. Reserve Officers Training Corps enhanced the school’s honoring of military personnel for Veterans’ Day 2012.
The school made use of its varied musical programs with band, orchestra, and vocal music tributes, as in years past. However, this year featured brief remarks from U.S. Army 2nd Lt. Cassandra Steiner, a graduate of the Calloway County High School and of the Murray State University ROTC program. She currently is stationed at Ft. Campbell and formerly was a student-cadet in the MSU ROTC program under the guidance of Lt. Col. Jason Caldwell. Caldwell retired from the U.S. Army this summer and now leads the Jr. ROTC program at Graves High, in the program’s first year at the school.
Last school year, GCHS featured Jr. National Guard.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Calloway County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase